January's Focus - Organizing My Scraproom - The Details

My word this year is focus so I have been trying very hard to focus on one project at time and completing it from start to finish. So I just wanted to pop in with the details.

I am currently working on taking this mess:




and this mess:



to an organized state. There are some very visible projects and some not so visible projects involved in this re-organize of my scraproom. Here is the break down, and I will be showing you a few peeks every few days with the grand reveal at the end of the month

1. FUNCTION: now that I have lived in my scraproom for awhile I have found things I need are not where I need them. I sat in my room and really thought about what I need close to me, and what I use every so often that I didn't mind getting up for. I also thought about what is in this room that is does not need to be here.

2. CLOSET - I cannot do a California Closet at this time so I need to work within a small budget and make this storage area more efficient and organized. 

3. LABELING - it is needed all over my room!

4. PURGING - getting rid of or donating scrapbook items that I no longer use.

5. STORAGE - using all storage that I have on hand to make a more organized space.

6. UPDATING - updating my Scrapbook.com account to reflect what I have created. Updating my "scrapbook to do list" to know what pages I still need to do, what pages I need to add journaling (knowing the pages I need to create helps keep me focused). Updating my blog to reflect more of my love for scrapbooking memories.

My goal in this project is to create a space that functions for me, that shows me what I have available to create, that creates a sense of calm when I enter it, that keeps important tools at my fingertips. I am half way through this project but have a lot to go. So come on back to see my progress!




No comments:

Post a Comment